UKLA member blog

Learning Today/Digital Worlds SIG

I am a member of the UKLA ‘Digital Worlds/Learning Today’ special interest group. We are interested in the way digital technologies can be, and are being, used in classroom settings in innovative and exciting ways. Many of us are undertaking research in this area and have begun to network and explore our ideas and findings online. We have planned our first official but informal meeting for July, at the UKLA international conference in Winchester. We are very keen for people to join us there and online in the meantime. I am currently writing up my PhD research which explores how the Alternate Reality Gaming projects, that I ran with my Year 6 classes, shaped our understanding of the media used during game-play. Being part of the ‘Digital Worlds’ special interest group has been invaluable as I’ve had the opportunity to test out and discuss ideas with others and shape my own understanding in the process. In addition, I’ve learnt so much about the fascinating research being undertaken by others in the group. If you’re doing research in this area already, or would like to in the future, please get in touch and drop a line to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). We hope to hear from some of you soon.

Comments

Like Angela, I'm also a member of the UKLA Digital Worlds/Learning Today SIG. I'm interested in ways in which teachers bring their lived experiences of digital worlds into classrooms. Thanks to UKLA and a small research grant, I'm now revisiting teachers I first interviewed in 2006 in order to capture ways in which their digital lives inside and outside classrooms unfold. It’s fascinating!

1 : lynda_j_graham, Tue 4th May 2010

You must be a UKLA member to post a comment.
Register or log in to post your comments!